Saturday, January 17, 2009

Tip about Expired no of free trials in some s/w

Recently I faced a situation where I installed a s/w and after using it a couple of times , it started giving an error saying that the license has to be renewed as the number of free trials have expired I needed to use that s/w only once so I did not want to buy the license. I gave a shot at uninstalling and reinstalling the s/w so that I could get the free no. of trials but it did not work out. The application failed to start giving the same message.

So I had to do a workaround, a registry tweak . After uninstalling the s/w again I deleted all entries about that s/w from registry. To do this .. go to run, enter regedit. The registry opens , then do a Ctrl+F to find all entries matching that s/w name and delete them.

Now Reinstall the s/w. It is like a fresh installation and bang your application works easily.

You can use this tweak whenever you encountered a problem related to such freewares which say free for particular no. of days.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nice blog, I have added your blog to my list long time now. Will you add my blog to your list?
http://jsitko.blogspot.com